WInnForum presents webinar on AFC testing
On February 16, 2023, the Wireless Innovation Forum, Wi-Fi Alliance and the 6 GHz Multi-Stakeholder Group hosted a public webinar on specification in support of the AFC System lab testing.
View the recorded “Introduction to AFC System Lab Testing” webinar here.
- Opening Remarks, Lee Pucker (Wireless Innovation Forum), Alex Roytblat (Wi-Fi Alliance), and Mark Gibson (CommScope)
- Intro to the requirements/TS-1014 – WInnForum, Presented by Richard Bernhardt (WISPA)
- WInnForum TS-1014 is designed to provide a roadmap of the requirements for AFC systems in the 6 GHz band. In simple terms, TS-1014 guides AFC system operators on compliance with the FCC’s 6 GHz rules and interactions with Standard Power device equipment for the protection of 6 GHz incumbent band operations.
- Overview of AFC SDI –Wi-Fi Alliance, Presented by Thomas Derham (Broadcom)
- This provides an overview of AFC System to AFC Device Interface including messaging protocol and transport for the interface between an AFC System and an AFC Device as well as the architecture, protocols, and functionality for entities that support AFC System to AFC Device Interface.
- Overview of SUT Compliance Test Plan – Wi-Fi Alliance, Presented by Tevfik Yucek (Qualcomm)
- This covers an overview of AFC System Under Test (SUT) test plan, target requirements, test configuration, test cases and associated test assumptions/parameters and test methodologies.
- Overview of SUT Compliance Test Vectors Requests and Responses – Wi-Fi Alliance, Presented by Stuart Strickland (HPE)
- Participants will be introduced to the AFC SUT testing framework test vectors, the concept of test vectors, components of each test vector, and how they are interpreted.
- Overview of AFC Traceability Matrix and AFC SUT testing framework – WInnForum, Presented by Masoud Olfat (Federated Wireless)
- This describes the association between AFC SUT requirements and AFC SUT Test vectors through the Traceability Matrix.
- Introduction to the Test Harness – WInnForum, Presented by Austin Egbert (Baylor University) and Andy Clegg (Google)
- Participants will be introduced to the components of the AFC SUT test harness, including test code, spectrum inquiries corresponding to test vectors, and how the test system uses masks to validate the responses from the AFC SUT. Participants will be shown how to access the test harness on GitHub.
- Q & A
|With over 38 years of spectrum management experience, Mark is responsible for developing domestic and international business opportunities for CommScope. In addition to leading technical and business development efforts for numerous wireless and spectrum-related products and services, he has led efforts to address spectrum sharing between Federal government and commercial users. He leads CommScope’s CBRS efforts on the Spectrum Access System/Environmental Sensing Capability and the efforts to develop, test and certify the Automated Frequency Coordination system for 6 GHz unlicensed bands. He is a board member of the CBRS Alliance and an officer on the board of the Wireless Innovation Forum. He is a member of the Commerce Spectrum Management Advisory Committee, where he has also co-chaired working groups related to spectrum sharing and data exchange issues and has testified before the U.S. Congress on spectrum-related matters. He has led spectrum management efforts including spectrum sharing analysis protocols and sharing criteria, as well as development of engineering services and software products. He speaks frequently and has authored several papers on spectrum sharing and relocation and has advised numerous wireless participants in their system design. He is a Life Member of IEEE. He has an amateur radio license and is an instrument-rated commercial pilot.|