CommScope’s wide CBRS portfolio is open for business, enabling fixed wireless access, small cell and in-building wireless, neutral host networks, and private LTE
CommScope has received official notification from the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) that its spectrum access system (SAS) to support 3.5 GHz Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) is now approved for full commercial deployment. With this announcement, CommScope’s SAS will become a foundation to open up 150 MHz of CBRS spectrum that until now had very limited use.
CLICK TO TWEET: FCC Certifies CommScope’s SAS for Full Commercial Deployment.
With the FCC Public Notice DA-20-110A1, organizations from mobile network operators and neutral host network operators to private enterprises, WISPS, and municipalities will be able to put CBRS to use for a wide range of applications, including mobile, fixed wireless access, IoT, small cell deployments and in-building cellular and private LTE networks. This in turn will spawn new innovations in wireless communications and will enable unique new use cases that only a dedicated, secure, high-quality network can reliably support.
“It is exciting to see the full capability of CBRS now available,” said Monica Paolini, Principal, Senza Fili. “Many trials are now live and show how the technology can be commercially deployed in multiple verticals and multiple use cases. CommScope has been and continue to be a leading player in the CBRS ecosystem, providing a portfolio of CBRS, licensed and unlicensed wireless products and SAS services.”
“Ruckus is a founding member of the CBRS Alliance and CommScope has been in the spectrum management business for more than 40 years. This is truly a pivotal milestone for both CBRS and CommScope,” said Mike Guerin, vice president of Integrated Solutions at CommScope. “After years of collaboration with industry and government on CBRS, CommScope is proud that our SAS has received FCC certification for full commercial deployment. We are the only company with a complete portfolio of CBRS solutions and our certified partners are ready to work with customers to address use cases and business opportunities.”
CommScope’s portfolio enables customers to easily deploy CBRS networks for even the most challenging and critical use cases. CommScope’s CBRS solutions include:
- Spectrum Access System (SAS): CommScope’s SAS allows for the sharing and management of available CBRS frequencies by minimizing interference with other CBRS and incumbent users.
- Access Points (CBRS Devices or CBSDs): CommScope’s Ruckus access points (LTE eNodeBs or small cells) utilize CBRS spectrum to provide cellular-like reliability, mobility, security and quality of service, but with the simplicity of Wi-Fi.
- Environmental Sensing Capability (ESC): CommScope’s Environmental Sensing Capability is a network of sensors used to detect federal frequency use in the 3550–3650 MHz band where U.S. Navy radar systems may operate, primarily along the U.S. coasts. The ESC informs the SAS of radar operation and the SAS reacts to ensure there is no interference between CBRS and radar operations.
- Certificated Professional Installer (CPI): CommScope is a CPI Training Program Administrator (TPA) for CBRS. This accreditation allows CommScope to offer training to installation professionals who want to attain CBRS CPI certification.
- WInnForum Approved CBRS Root of Trust Certificate Authority: CommScope provides RSA-based and elliptic curve-based CA and device certificates anchored by a CBRS Root CA through its Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Center.
- Fixed Wireless Broadband End User Devices (EUDs): The ARRIS NVG558 series Fixed Wireless Broadband Gateways deliver high speed broadband services over wireless access, with variants that support 4G LTE / LTE-A / LTE-A Pro, 3.5GHz CBRS, and upcoming support for 5G NR. These self-installable multiservice gateways support ARRIS HomeAssure for optimal, in-home Wi-Fi performance as well as managed voice, video, data and IoT services.
- PartnerPRO Network: CommScope’s growing partner network includes over 100 authorized CBRS Technology Specialists.
All product names, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) and the recently acquired ARRIS and Ruckus Networks are redefining tomorrow by shaping the future of wired and wireless communications. Our combined global team of employees, innovators and technologists have empowered customers in all regions of the world to anticipate what’s next and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Discover more at www.commscope.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
News Media Contact:
Kris Kozamchak, CommScope
+1 972 792 3311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Powers, CommScope