Comsearch's Backhaul Design Services include:
- Topology Analysis—We determine the best configuration for your network (star, ring, tandem) that meets your connectivity, reliability, and redundancy requirements.
- Capacity Planning—We ensure sufficient throughput on each network segment with scalability for growth and aggregation efficiences.
- LOS Feasibility—We evaluate LOS (line-of-sight) feasibility for each link based on clearance criteria and antenna height possibilities. We use our advanced iQ·link® software for rapid LOS analysis based on terrain and building data (where available).
- Band Selection—We determine frequency band options based on path length, antenna size, and reliability objectives considering multipath and rain outage.
- Path Survey—We confirm LOS on planned links with field survey that identifies any potential obstructions (trees, structures, etc.). We document surveyed site coordinates and possible antenna heights for input into detailed design.
- Detailed Path Engineering—We conduct analysis to determine final equipment selection, antenna types and heights, transmission line lengths, and other operating parameters based on desired performance criteria.
- Frequency Engineering—We perform interference analysis to assign appropriate frequencies based on existing RF environment that ensures system will not be degraded by unwanted interference.
- FCC Licensing—We conduct FCC-required Prior Coordination with other wireless users, prepare FCC applications, and submit for electronic filing as necessary.