Comsearch's Backhaul Design Services include:
- Topology Analysis - We determine the best configuration for your network (star, ring, tandem) that meets your connectivity, reliability, and redundancy requirements.
- Capacity Planning - We ensure sufficient throughput on each network segment with scalability for growth and aggregation efficiences.
- LOS Feasibility - We evaluate LOS (line-of-sight) feasibility for each link based on clearance criteria and antenna height possibilities. We use our advanced iQ·link® software for rapid LOS analysis based on terrain and building data (where available).
- Band Selection - We determine frequency band options based on path length, antenna size, and reliability objectives considering multipath and rain outage.
- Path Survey - We confirm LOS on planned links with field survey that identifies any potential obstructions (trees, structures, etc.). We document surveyed site coordinates and possible antenna heights for input into detailed design.
- Detailed Path Engineering - We conduct analysis to determine final equipment selection, antenna types and heights, transmission line lengths, and other operating parameters based on desired performance criteria.
- Frequency Engineering - We perform interference analysis to assign appropriate frequencies based on existing RF environment that ensures system will not be degraded by unwanted interference.
- FCC Licensing - We conduct FCC-required Prior Coordination with other wireless users, prepare FCC applications, and submit for electronic filing as necessary.